If you're planning a home design project, whether it's a new house, a new kitchen, or a remodeling, I’ll bet you have plenty of questions.
Finding the right answers can save you lots of time and tons of money.
Home building and home improvement projects are wonderfully exciting and fun. After all, you’re about to shape the place you live into your dream home.
But, you’ve heard the horror stories about budget overruns, delayed schedules, and things going wrong.
Fortunately, most problems can easily be avoided, if you do your homework.
You need solid, accurate information and good, unbiased advice.
Would you like to know:
• How to make your floor plan as efficient as possible?
• What window type is best?
• How to position your house on the land for maximum energy efficiency?
• What insulation is best?
• How to guarantee you new house or addition “lives” perfectly?
• How to choose the right faucet?
• How to design the best kitchen?
I can help you answer those questions and many, many more.
Welcome to my website. My name is Bill Hirsch. I’m an architect and author who has designed hundreds of houses and additions for more than thirty years.
My goal is to provide you with as much valuable information as I can about designing and building a house, an addition, or a remodeling.
We’ll talk about:
• Concepts of home design and space planning
• Energy efficiency and green building
• Kitchen design
• Bathroom design
• Lighting, plumbing, heating and air conditioning
• Building materials
• Windows and doors
• Accessible design and design for aging-in-place
• Design of home offices, gyms, garages and other special rooms
• Selecting fixtures and finishes and more
Home design is a big topic and building this website won’t happen all at once. We’ll be adding content regularly, encouraging people to post reviews and comments on products, and answering your questions. You’ll want to check back regularly to see what’s new.
Ready to go? We have lots to talk about. Start by clicking one of the buttons on this page. Be sure to check out every page. You never know where you’ll find another valuable tip.
Thanks for visiting and I hope your project turns out beautifully.
Bill Hirsch is a registered architect who lives in North Carolina. He has designed hundreds of houses in many states, including Hawaii. He is also the author of the multiple award winning, #1 bestseller, Designing Your Perfect House: Lessons from an Architect, as well as The 10 Keys to Controlling Homebuilding Costs, and The 10 Keys to Controlling Remodeling Costs.